Majors to Careers-TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
This document (the “agreement”) is a legally binding agreement between you and Majors to Careers, LLC. This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls
Date of Last Revision: 7/19/2013.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Majors to Careers website (Site) and services (Services). By using or accessing Majors to Careers Site and Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated herein, you should not visit or use Majors to Careers Site and Services. We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time, by posting such changes on the Site. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on you. Anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions may have their access and use of the Site and Services suspended or terminated at Majors to Careers’ discretion. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current version.
This Site provides content generated by Majors to Career, content from outside sources, as well as user generated content. Users are solely responsible for any content that they generate.
1. Sharing Content and Information
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission and grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Majors to Careers Site and Services.
- When you submit or publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Majors to Careers, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (including your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Majors to Careers, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- We can remove any content for any reason.
2. Accuracy of Information
- All of the information on this website that is provided by Majors to Careers LLC is offered in good faith, but the information may include errors, be outdated or be inaccurate. You indemnify us for any issues that arise out of your use of this information.
4. Some Rules
We do our best to keep Majors to Careers Site and Service safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Majors to Careers Site and Services safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the Site.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the Site or Services, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the Site.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else, nor will you impersonate any person or entity.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post or transmit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own accurate profile.
- You will not post content that: is false, misrepresentational, objectionable, harassing, indecent, hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence or hate speech.
- You will not use the Site and Services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Site and Services, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Site or Services functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- You will not post or transmit any content that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements.
- You will not access data, content, features or functionality on the Site or server for which your password is not authorized.
- You will not use the forum or send questions or answers on topics beyond career and academics.
5. Registration and Account Security
Majors to Careers users provide names and personal information. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and using it:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Majors to Careers, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use the Site or Services if you are under 13.
- You will not use the Site or Services if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
6. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on the Site that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on the Site if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If we are aware that you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Majors to Careers), or any confusingly similar marks, except as with our prior written permission.
- Majors to Careers encourages users to not provide information beyond what they are comfortable providing. If you know more than has been disclosed about the identity of a user, you cannot do anything to publicly identify that person or help others to identify user.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Majors to Careers
Our goal is to deliver ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your content, data, name and profile picture in connection with that content.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Unless we make a change to these terms, we will provide you with seven (7) days notice (for example, by posting the change on the Majors to Careers website) and an opportunity to comment on changes to this Statement. If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Terms and Conditions Page.
- Your continued use of Majors to Careers following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Majors to Careers to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Majors to Careers, LLC exclusively in a state or federal court located in Los Angeles County. The laws of the State of California will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Majors to Careers, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Majors to Careers and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Majors to Careers. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Majors to Careers. We do not guarantee that the information we provide is without error. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Majors to Careers Site and Service.
- YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILAB LE BASIS.” WE TRY TO KEEP MAJORS TO CAREERS SITE AND SERVICES UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING MAJORS TO CAREERS SITE AND SERVICES AS IS, WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT MAJORS TO CAREERS SITE AND SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE AND WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. MAJORS TO CAREERS LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR MAJORS TO CAREERS LLC, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR MAJORS TO CAREERS WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, MAJORS TO CAREERS LLC LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Majors to Careers Site and Services outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Majors to Careers.
- By “Majors to Careers” or “Site” or “Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.MajorstoCareers.com and any other Majors to Careers branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Majors to Careers or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Majors to Careers.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on Majors to Careers that would not be included in the definition of information. It also includes content that we provide.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Majors to Careers or provide to Majors to Careers through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on Majors to Careers or otherwise make available by using Majors to Careers.
- By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into Majors to Careers at least once in the previous 30 days.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Majors to Careers, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Majors to Careers.